How an Order From Our Website Works
Picking a new tree is a lot different than placing an order on Amazon! At The Tree Place, we want to make sure your ordering process lives up to our high standards. Take a look at the list below to get an idea of how we'll process your order and ensure you have the best experience.
How to Place an Order:
- Search for your tree (or trees)
- On each product page you will see an option for installation. This is where you can opt to have your tree delivered and professionally installed. If you opt out of installation you will have come to our store to pick up your tree.
- Once you have all your trees in the cart you can review your options and make sure the order is correct. Be sure to check varieties, sizes, and installation options to ensure everything is correctly chosen as needed.
- Place your order. Once your order is placed your card will be authorized for the purchase but not charged. This allows us to more rapidly issue a refund in the event that our inventory changes and one or more of the trees you selected are no longer available.
- If you opted not to have your trees installed, you can simply visit our store at 5625 E I-20, Fort Worth, Texas, and provide us with your order number to pick up the trees. To learn how to properly plant your new tree, be sure to watch our YouTube video on "How to Properly Plant a Tree."
What Happens After You Place an Order:
- Within 24-48 hours after your order has been placed, a Tree Place team member will reach out to you directly to discuss any specifics of your order. This includes figuring out where you want the trees to be planted, if you'll be home, and if you have any pets.
- If you like, we are happy to text you pictures of our inventory of trees you purchased so you can better pick out the exact tree you would like.
- Once your tree is selected, and we figure out where/when you want it installed we will go ahead and call Texas 811. This is a service that locates buried utilities to ensure your safety and that of our planters. Depending on how backed up the service is, this may take a couple of days.
- Once any buried utilities have been located, we will send out one of our landscape professionals to plant your tree at the designated time. It usually takes about 5 business days from the time you place your order until your new tree is in the ground.
What Happens After Your Tree is Planted:
Once your tree is in the ground it is your responsibility to properly care for it. The most important thing to do with your new tree is to water it just right. Not too much, not too little. To learn more about properly watering your tree, check out our YouTube video on "How to Water Your New Tree." This video will teach you how to "Cake Test" your new tree which allows you to ensure it's watered just right.
If you have any further questions about your tree, caring for it, or any issues arise don't hesitate to reach out to us! We have been in business for over 30 years and have 2 ISA certified arborists on staff to ensure you get the best remedy for any distressed tree.